Describing hearing issues to others can be challenging, especially when you (and your family) may be new to the topic yourselves. These links provide some useful words to convey new concepts to friends and family.
With the increasing options for hearing issues, there’s also more to explain to the uninitiated. Bottom line, deafness is different in the digital age. Too many people have an outdated view of deafness, and this must change.
- “A Birthday For Ben” – a book to explain hearing issues to children
- Teachers’ Assumptions: Kids With Hearing Issues
- Heard About The Firefighter With Hearing Issues?
- Deaf Student Doctor Adds Perspective To Training
- Cochlear Implants Appreciated By Their Recipients
- Medical Student Not Fazed By Hearing Issues