Child deafness was profiled in the BBC TV series, “Beyond Disability“, which looks at disability issues in the twenty-first century. We’ve rounded up some of the press coverage around the programme, for your review and insights.
On March 20th, EastEnders actress Rita Simons and her family featured in the documentary series while exploring big decisions for the future of one of their six-year-old twin daughters, who is progressively losing her hearing.
Press coverage related to the programme
- The Independent: Rita Simons: My Daughter, Deafness And Me
- BBC TV: EastEnders star’s dilemma over her deaf daughter
- BBC1 – EastEnders’ Rita Simons experiences daughter’s deafness
- BBC TV Blog: Making ‘Rita Simons: My Daughter, Deafness And Me’
- The Sun – Simons: “My little girl could lose her hearing tomorrow“
- The Daily Mail: EastEnders’ Rita Simons talks about her daughter
- Action on Hearing Loss: Video with Rita Simons and her daughter
Some of Sound Advice’s Facebook fans shared their feedback: why not check it out?
- Communication Options Chart For Deaf Children
- New Study: Babies Learn Language By Lip-Reading
- Technology Has Revolutionised Deaf Education
- Insights To The Deaf Education Debate in the US
- Communication Technology Solutions: By Design