This short piece guides on preparing a child’s hearing-aids for a mainstream classroom and the daily routines teachers and staff need to know regarding batteries and working order. At most schools, the visiting teacher, itinerant teacher or teacher of the deaf advises on managing a child’s hearing-devices and accessories in a classroom and school community.
Read: Into the mainstream (pragmatics for parents and educators)
To read about current deaf education practices, this piece, “Technology Has Revolutionised Deaf Education“, outlines the changes and the remaining challenges to address.
- Essential Hearing-Aid Tips For Parents and Families
- Question: Managing Hearing-Devices At Creches
- Teacher Question: Hearing On One Side Only
- Advice on FM Systems ‘versus’ Soundfields
- Parent Involvement In Child Education Is Essential