Recommended reading: when teachers learn a child with hearing issues is in their class, they may not know what to expect. This piece has solid advice for teachers in Ireland/the UK, and explains how the child may be feeling.
Every child is different. Get to know your new pupil, even if this takes time!
- New School Year – A Quick Reference List
- How Do We Know What A Kid With Hearing Issues Needs In Class?
- NCSE: The Education of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Children in Ireland
- Soundfields For Learning: The Need-To-Know
- Good Acoustics In Schools Make Learning Easier
- TeachNet Blog: Closed Captions In The Classroom
- ouch-Screen Technology Boosts Literacy In Deaf Children