In October 2012, Sound Advice’s Caroline Carswell presented at the “Transition From Higher Education To Work” conference, organised in Ghent, Belgium by the pan-European entity LINK (Learning Inclusively Network + Know-how).
Caroline’s topic outlined how parents, educators, policymakers, students, career advisors and employers need to be fully informed on deafness for real change. The presentation slides are below.
Key to this transformative process are:
- social entrepreneurship principles (Sound Advice’s approach)
- educators & employers know the different ways of being deaf
- the role of digital tools and technology in enabling inclusion
- Deaf Children and Inclusive Education (Disability Law News, March 2010)
- What Tertiary Supports Do Deaf Students Need?
- Sound Advice’s Post-School Seminar (Nov 2nd, 2011)
- Advice For Deaf Students Going To Third-Level
- Taking A Mainstream Route To Self-Employment