Jacoti BBVA, the cloud-based hearing applications provider from which consumer electronics firms can license IP-protected solutions, is a contender in the Global Mobile Awards 2017. Mobile device users use the Jacoti Hearing Suite to customise and monitor their hearing experience, with typical hearing or to achieve sound amplification with(out) hearing device/s.
Digital hearing-aids and cochlear implants can be connected with apps in the Jacoti hearing suite, with the iOS Inter-App audio feature similarly linking to Apple EarPod headphones.
According to Jacoti CEO, Jacques Kinsbergen:
Hearing loss compensation and personalisation of audio should be a fundamental part of all audio-enabled computing devices. Hearing loss is both a medical condition and a consumer challenge. Therefore it needs consumer-driven and consumer-oriented solutions.
Jacoti’s Hearing Suite has four interoperable hearing applications:
- Hearing Center, a self-testing hearing app to give users clinically reliable results.
- ListenApp, a medically certified hearing-aid application for mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Lola Classroom, multi-peer audio streaming over wifi, in classrooms and meeting rooms.
- myJacoti, enabling users to share their profile across devices or for remote customising.
Consumer And Student-Focused Solutions
Consumer devices like Apple and Samsung smartphones give superior audio quality thanks to digital signal processing (DSP) that can be set by audiologists to benefit the average consumer. Jacoti accordingly built its core technology for smartphone operating systems and emerging audio hardware components (earpieces) in a universal design for all consumers.
Students in mainstream schools can access a Lola Classroom system to configure their own acoustics or audio-streaming of sound, with students who have hearing issues, using the partnering ListenApp for optimal hearing regardless of hearing devices worn.
While high-quality wireless audio streaming from mobile devices to wireless head/earphones is at an early stage, gamers and users of virtual reality, music library and multimedia apps will drive uptake. Visitors to restaurants, movie theatres and conventions can also achieve a clean wireless audio experience by customising their own hearing to their environment.
- Jacoti’s consumerisation of hearing technology (Hearing Tracker)
- CinemaConnect And MobileConnect Clarify Sounds
- The Frontier of TeleAudiology And Self-Tuned Hearing
- Hearing The Internet Of Things (IoT)