Parents who learn their child is deaf, have massive decisions to make – and in this post for the NY Times, one mum describes the route her family took.
Both daughters in this family had a valuable head-start in life, in that their hearing issues were detected early, via newborn hearing testing programs.
Their mother also mentions the technological opportunities her daughters can access, that past generations of deaf people did not get to benefit from.
- ” What It Feels Like … to have a deaf child” (Oliver Dennis)
- BBC Programme on Parent Choices for Children
- A TeleAudiology Program With Lessons For Ireland
- A Cochlear Implant – An Individual Perspective
- New Study: Babies Learn Language By Lip-Reading
- Parent Question: How Early To Teach Lip-Reading?
- Lipreading For Children: Challenges And Benefits
- Lipreading: The Challenges And Benefits