Audiologists have created a new app, ‘Early Ears’, for parents to test the hearing of the 20% of children who will have glue ear by the age of five, in addition to the 80% of children likely to experience glue ear by age ten.
The app, available for devices with the iOS system (iPhone, iPad, iTouch), has clear pictures and professionally-recorded sounds for parents to monitor their childrens’ hearing levels through episodes of glue ear.
One benefit is that glue ear may mask underlying hearing issues or ear infections, which can impact a child’s speech and language development and social interaction with family, neighbours, peers and the local community.
- Children with unilateral hearing may struggle in school
- ‘Hear More Words, Speak More Words’ – Literally
- Survey Profiles Verbal Deaf Children In The UK
- Roger Pen Clarifies Spoken Language For Children
- Classroom Hearing-Technology Options And Tips
- School Acoustics – By An Educational Audiologist
- Good Acoustics In Schools Make Learning Easier
- Advice On FM Systems ‘Versus’ Soundfields