Most parents are not prepared to learn that their child is deaf or hard-of-hearing, and can experience a full spectrum of emotions on receiving the news. UK writer Oliver Dennis, is very honest about his own emotions when he learned his daughter was deaf (Sunday Times magazine, April 15th).
Read more: What It Feels Like … to have a deaf child
- Advocating For Your Child’s Service Provision
- Parent Involvement In Child Education Is Essential
- After A Cochlear Implant: The Real Work Begins
- A Cochlear Implant – An Individual Perspective
- BBC Programme on Parent Choices for Children