Cork University Maternity Hospital is now testing the hearing of newborn babies before they leave hospital, according to The Irish Times newspaper.
The optional, free and non-invasive test is run while the baby is resting. A booklet, ‘Your Baby’s Hearing Screening Test‘ explains the full procedure.
* The HSE’s National Audiology Review document (April 2011)
* Publication of HSE South Audiology Review 2009
* Newborn Hearing Tests Start In Cork This Month
* Parents of Newborns Must Pay €100 For A Private Hearing Test
* Hearing-Aids + Learning = Education