Some families turn a child’s hearing issues into a chance to find and learn language in all situations and environments, according to blogger mum, Kristen Johnson (“No Small Thing“), whose third child has hearing issues.
Read SpeechBuddy: How To Help A Child With Hearing Loss
Kristen’s top tips for parent-child communication at home:
- Turn off appliances when talking with a child who has hearing issues
- Test your child’s hearing by talking without letting them see your face
- Speak slowly and clearly without exaggerating sounds or your mouth
- Does Lip-Reading Benefit Infant Reading Ability?
- What Exactly Does Oral Deaf Education Involve?
- ‘Being Born Deaf Is No Barrier’ – One Mum’s View
- Listening & Speakng: A Link To Reading/Writing?
- Parent Involvement In Child Education Is Essential
Leave a Reply