Sound Advice presented on classroom captions at CESI 2012 in Portlaoise, February 24-25, with the theme of TEACHnology: merging teaching and technology. Miriam Walsh very kindly co-presented on captioning videos for education.
See The Presentations
- Caroline Carswell’s slides on Classroom-Captions
- Miriam Walsh’s slides, Captioning Videos In Education
Saturday’s session (February 25th) was web-cast via seewritenow.ie. This live-feed was so popular that the captioners were retained for the full day.
Thanks again, to the hard-working CESI organisers for hosting an excellent #CESI12 on Friday evening and Saturday. It wouldn’t happen, otherwise!
- TeachNet Blog: Closed Captions In The Classroom
- Sound Advice’s Technology Conference (October, 2011)
- Captions In Classrooms Boost Literacy Skills
- Australia To Take Classroom Captioning ‘National’
- Deaf Teen Open To IT Work After Captions Support
- Deaf Student Uses Captions In Operating Theatre