Sound Advice and Irish publishing house Special Stories, produced an exciting children’s book, “A Birthday for Ben”, which is about young children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Get The “Ben” Book As An App (iOS)
- ITV Launches A Story-Book App (2012)
- News: ITV Animates “A Birthday For Ben”
- Sound Advice and Special Stories on TV3
- “Birthday For Ben” In Sunday Business Post
- Special Stories Wins Moonbeam Silver Medal
About The “Ben” Book
The book is beautifully illustrated by Karen Quirke, a Dublin-born talented deaf artist, and sensitively written by Kate Gaynor, a Dublin author who writes children’s books that deal with difficult topics in a child-centred way. “A Birthday for Ben” is one of four books in the second series of books published by Special Stories, and is the first book of its kind to be produced and published for the Irish market.
As Caroline Carswell, the founder of Sound Advice, points out: “ ‘A Birthday for Ben’ is a very welcome resource for parents and teachers as it introduces the whole concept of hearing and deafness to young children. By making the book available to primary schools throughout Ireland, Sound Advice and Special Stories hope to highlight the everyday issues that deaf children may encounter on a daily basis in mainstream schools”.
“A Birthday for Ben” can be bought from Sound Advice, by:
- Purchasing the book directly from Sound Advice’s online shop.
- Emailing hello<at>soundadvice.pro from PayPal with your name, address, number of book/s required and postage total.
- Writing to Sound Advice at Terenure Enterprise Centre, 17 Rathfarnham Road, Dublin 6W, with your name, address, number of book/s required and a cheque or postal order.
Orders will not be sent until payment is received, including postage costs.
Parents can donate the book to their child’s school at a 20% discount. To get this offer, the name and address of the school should be emailed to Special Stories Publishing, who will post the book/s to the school with a note to say who sent the book/s.Follow “A Birthday For Ben” On Twitter