AvaScribe, which live captions in-person conversations, is moving into the desktop and web app space with $4.5 million in funding.
In the videocall space, Ava’s captions have an edge over platforms like Google Meet and Microsoft Teams with built-in accessibility.
- Transcripts are saved after videocalls, for review and re-use.
- Each speaker has a colour label, invaluable for enterprises.
- Captions appear on the video screen, not on a separate tab.
- Fifteen languages to caption YouTube videos, pod/webcasts.
- Human captioners can amend captions on the fly, if needed.
Ava’s goal is to empower professionals and users who are deaf and hard of hearing, to function in their online and real-world lives.
Thibault Duchemin, Ava’s founder, has real insight to what’s needed, due to having family members with hearing issues.