One year ago, IDK mentioned South Africa’s Eduplex school, a solid model for inclusive education at home and oveseas. Recently, a new critique on inclusive education was published by the development advisor for the Centre for Disability Development Research, Law and Policy, Johannesburg.
A very pertinent paragraph to consider is:
Opportunity for communication with the hearing world in an inclusion setting helps students who are deaf to better develop their ability to communicate with hearing people, leading to skills they will need in later years [rather than being] immersed in the culture of a special school for students who are deaf.
- South Africa’s Solid Model For Inclusive Education
- Good Acoustics In Schools Make Learning Easier
- Preparing Kids For Mainstream Settings
- SMS Texting Supports Inclusive Education In Africa
- India’s Low-Cost Hearing And Education Services
- Sound Check: a film about cochlear implants in India