The original Irish Deaf Kids website began in July 2007 with funding from Social Entrepreneurs Ireland. From 2008 to end-2015, IDK had a CRO file (462323), charitable status (CHY 18589), and a voluntary board of directors.
Today, Sound Advice (formerly IDK) is CRO registered (506131) and is financed by sales from the online shop.
In its short life, IDK received valuable support from several sources. Here’s how to get involved with Sound Advice.
Funding/Donations Received As IDK
- Social Entrepreneurs Ireland for seed funding and mentoring
- Irish Life & Permanent for mentoring and financial support
- Enterprise Ireland for an Innovation Voucher and access to its networks
- The Arts Council’s Artist in the Community Scheme, managed by Create
- The Katharine Howard Foundation
- IBM Community Grant
- Hutchison 3G Ireland (competition in Computers in Business magazine)
- Dublin Bus Community Support Programme 2010
- HSE – National Lottery Grant Scheme 2010 (Dublin Mid-Leinster)
- HSE – National Lottery Grant Scheme 2010 (Dept. of Health & Children)
- The Ireland Funds (2011)
- State Street Corporate Responsibility (2011, 2012)
- Steljes (Christmas/note-cards, 2011)
- The Educational Company (Christmas/note-cards, 2011)
- Specsavers – Rag Week, Trinity College Dublin (2012)
From 2013 to mid-2014, IDK operated on personal donations only, with no formal grants or funding. Our accounts from 2008 to 2015 were filed with the CRO and Revenue and can be reviewed as wished.
Specific thanks to these parties, for their support from the very start of the IDK road in 2007.
- The IDK board of directors
- Terenure Enterprise Centre
- National Cochlear Implant centre, Beaumont Hospital
- Sylvie Daniere-Doyle, for business and financing advice
- Doop Design, who built the initial irishdeafkids.ie site
- and too many more to mention, here.
Leave a Reply