If your question isn’t here, try searching this site or check our Facebook page. A FB post may give you the answer needed.
Is my child deaf?
Possible indications to watch for
- How do I choose the best communication option for my child?
- How can my child learn to listen and talk?
- Do you have a parent manual for teaching a deaf child to talk?
- What hearing assistance entitlements do deaf children in Ireland have?
- What educational supports are offered to deaf children in Ireland?
- How do I teach my child new words and language?
- How do I best advocate for my child’s service provision?
- Can a deaf child participate at creche?
- How are creche staff taught to manage a child’s hearing-devices?
- What are your views on newborn hearing-screening?
- Is a personal FM or a soundfield better for a child at creche/school?
- What books are good for language teaching?
- Do iPads, iPhones and e-readers benefit deaf childrens’ literacy?
- How do I teach my child ‘pretend’ and ‘real’?
- What toys and games are best for deaf children?
- How do I explain deafness to my child, or other children?
- How does language-practice with deaf children work?
- How are digital photos used to teach new words and concepts?
- What’s it really like to be deaf?
- Have you information on microtia and atresia?
- Can computers and software help to teach deaf children?
- Parent Question: Is home tuition in Irish funded?
- Is remote-language teaching possible for deaf children?
- Does dual-campus mainstream schooling work?
- Can you advise on back-packing with hearing-aids?
- What study & career options do deaf school-leavers have?
- How do I find a job as a special-needs assistant (SNA), work as a teacher of the deaf or find jobs with deaf children? Visit educationposts.ie!
- How can I improve my visual teaching at primary level?
- Is there any advice about adapting teaching style for deaf students?
- A deaf child will be in my class next year. Where do I find supports?
- How do I teach my hearing pupils about deafness?
- I’m teaching a child who hears on one side only. What can I do in class?
- Teacher Question: Sourcing a soundfield system
- What is the difference between ISL and Lamh?
- What Junior & Leaving Cert exam supports do deaf students get?
- Where can I find a website about teaching deaf students at college?
- Parent Question: What is Auditory Neuropathy (AN)?
- IDK’s back to school reference list.
- Can deaf pupils study European languages or modern foreign languages in school?
- Have you any tips on deaf-awareness for businesses?
- How does live captioning benefit a deaf person?
- Do you have information on the Salamanca Statement?
- How does e-learning benefit students who’re deaf?
If a topic you’d like to see isn’t here, why not check our Facebook page?
Please send all feedback via our contact form.
What other questions would YOU like answered?
Tell us at hello<at>sound-advice<dot>ie!