Frameweld, the New York-based digital media firm, hosted an excellent webinar, “The Why and How of Online Captioning” on June 26th, 2013. All videos, slides and Q&A topics from the webinar are in this blog post:
This topic is pertinent, with leading educational institutions tasked to find affordable solutions to ensure that all students can access online course content, regardless of ability – and with educators’ shift towards digital tools.
Another webinar, “Cut The Cost of Captions: The Fast, Affordable Way To Accessible Video“, was hosted by Amara, Cielo24 and Kaltura to share how quality, searchable captions are used by over 100 educators and universities for equal access to learning and instruction. No post-event material is online.
- Amara and Cielo24 offer caption/subtitle solution for online education
- Coursera To Bring Online Education Abroad – And To Phones
- Crowd-Computing: New Solutions For Captions
- California Student Seeks Captions, Not FM
- Students Put Texas State University On The Spot
- Cornell STEM Captioning May Reach High Schools
- Video Captioning ‘Requires Automated Workflows’
- Digital Media Content Accessibility For Deaf Students
- Captions In The Classroom Boost Literacy Skills