The Audiology field is in line for major benefits from remote (tele) provision of health services (tele-health), a recent piece in Audiology Online notes.
Free Software and Desktop-Sharing Apps
Widely available, free software tools like Skype or ooVoo can be used for video-conferencing, with remote desktop sharing software applications connecting both parties in a telehealth call or online conferencing session.
Technology And Connectivity For Services By Telehealth
Tele-Intervention and Hearing-Device Tuning
When early intervention (hearing and speech) services for children with hearing issues are facilitated via telehealth tools, this approach is called tele-intervention and is particularly useful for families in remote areas.
- Family Auditory-Verbal Therapy By Telepractice
- The Sky’s The Limit, When Parents Are Informed
- John Tracy Parent Webinars (January to April 2014)
- Live Video-Chats Suit Toddler Language Learning
- How The HSE Can Use Telepractice To Cut Costs
- The Need To Re-Think Learning For Universality
- How New Zealand’s Hearing Tests Lead To Early Intervention
- Telepractice For Low-Cost Language Teaching
- A TeleAudiology Program With Lessons For Ireland
Leave a Reply