Today’s wireless technologies can link hearing-aid wearers to their TVs, PCs and phones, with audio streamed directly to hearing-devices as wished. The challenge however is to set an open standard for this wireless technology.
Read: Hearing Aids Can Double As Wireless Speakers
Each hearing-aid vendor offers a proprietary wireless technology, which makes device-pairing difficult. In fact, hearing-aid users regularly ‘hack’ their devices for this reason – but Apple’s moves to pair iPhones with hearing-aids are galvanising other vendors into using open standards.
- Hearing-Aid Users Driven To ‘Hack’ Their Devices
- Deafness Is Different In The Digital Hearing-Age
- Pairing iPhones With Digital Hearing-Devices
- Customising Sound Technologies For Personal Use
- Pairing Students’ Hearing-Devices With Apple’s iPad
- Communication Technology Solutions – By Design
- Deaf Pilots Harness New Hearing Technologies