Hearing-aids are being customised and tweaked by software engineers and people who manage their own PCs and smartphones, the BBC has reported.
Read: Hearing-Aid Hackers Fine-Tuning Their Own Devices
Frustration results when aid-wearers can’t tune their own devices, plus the fact that hearing-aid brands, parts and accessories tend to be incompatible.
Interestingly, when Apple announced its iOS6 platform, the possibility of pairing hearing-aids with the iOS6 system for better listening was hinted at. Many iPhone-using wearers of hearing-aids and cochlear implants have long dreamed of having remote control apps for both, consolidated to the iPhone.
- Essential Hearing-Aid Tips For Parents And Families
- Customising Sound Technologies For Personal Use
- Question: Managing Hearing-Devices At Creches
- Preparing Kids For Mainstream Settings
- Have Hearing-Aids, Will Volunteer Overseas
- Communication Technology Solutions – By Design