Wifi-based, always-on connectivity is vital in education, health and social care settings for all ages. Here’s why.
1. Clear Hearing In Noise
Modern digital hearing-devices can be geo-set for home, school and everyday places. Clear hearing is everything – and sound clarity is hit by noise-intrusions in family, school, sports and social groups and in training or workplaces.
Everyone can use Jacoti’s ListenApp for typical hearing or with hearing aids and cochlear implants. Cochlear’s Nucleus 6 wireless accessories use wifi to stream optimised sound from phones, tablets and TVs to a wearer’s processors for clarity. Some digital hearing aids also auto-switch sound-filtering modes for loud or quiet settings, as a wearer needs.Why Hearing Is Needed
2. Captions In Education & Workplaces
Captioning tools are evolving to give people who’re deaf or hard of hearing access to spoken dialogue in education, social, training or workplace meetings, often over wifi connections. Machine learning underpins the latest options:
- Smartphone based apps (Pedius, RogerVoice, Transcence, VoxSense, Speak2See)
- Captions for video (Kaltura, Frameweld, 3PlayMedia, Panopto, DotSUB, Amara)
- Realtime captions for education (Ai-Media, VerbaVoice, Skype Translate)
- Enterprise and webinar solutions (Translate Your World: TYWI)
Track Captioning Trends >>
3. Telehealth For Hearing & Speech
A sustainability option, telehealth saves families time and resources by reducing the need to travel to appointments. There’s also proof that remote speech therapy delivers the same results as in-person sessions.Follow Telehealth Trends >>